Just an Average Day of little Motivation

 



Happy Day, 

Today is Wednesday and Wednesdays are usually my day for picking songs for Sunday service, sending messages to the song team, practicing the piano, etc. 

But today I'm having difficulty getting motivated.  Do you ever feel that way?  What is it that motivates us or de-motivates us? Believers in Christ or not, we all have days when we just don't care about anything or anybody.  We just want to be left alone.  But why?  And how do we get out of that besides drinking a 5 Hour energy drink (which I have already done today).

Let's go to God's word and see what He says about it. Did you know you can google "what does the bible say about___________" and put in any subject and look under Bible Hub for a bunch of scriptures? Or go directly to Biblehub.  Here are just a few of what God has to say about the lack of motivation.

First - I always wonder why am I so unmotivated? And God says...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5 )ESV

I  also wonder how God could possibly use me when I feel this way so often? And God says...

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9ESV

But how do I change the way I feel, how do I get motivated so that I just don't sit around all day in my pajamas? And God says...

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10ESV

Let's be honest though, when we are not motivated, we are not motivated to even seek God's strength, are we? Sometimes I just want to wallow in my self-pity. But all God asks is that we wait on Him. If we can just wait, God will do what He says...

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31ESV 

What then, can we do to help this process? God does not need our help to bring us out of our non-motivated state.  However, there are three things that I find helpful.  1. I listen to Christian music. 2. Read God's word (even just a verse or two) 3. Talk to God about how I am feeling. (not necessarily in that order) 

God does not need our help, but I know that He likes that we reach out to Him and it strengthens our relationship.

Lastly, If you don't get out of your unmotivated state one day, just know that tomorrow will have new blessings, and try again to wait on the Lord. 


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23) ESV 


God Bless You

Jennifer Chamberlain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discernment, what is it and do you have it?